The next installment – Slam Competition and Poetry Open Mic.
One stage, many poets and spoken word artists. Experience diverse voices with leading and up-and-coming talent.
The Middle East’s longest-running poetry open mic shines a spotlight on some of the UAE’s most talented established and up-and-coming spoken word and performing artists.
Presented by Black on Black Rhyme-Abu Dhabi, Jean Hellon Productions, and The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi with official support from US Embassy Abu Dhabi.
“Abu Dhabi is home to a rapidly expanding group of poets who strive to find common ground as they cast aside geographical differences and language barriers… who believe in sharing poetry for love, healing, enlightenment and education, celebrates the spoken word.” – Khaleej Times
The Season 6 Lineup and Dates:
- Open Mic Night – Friday, Jan 26
- Slam Competition and Open Mic – Friday, Feb 23
- 6th Anniversary Show / Open Mic Night – Friday, Mar 30
- Grand Slam Finale Competition / Season Closing – Friday, Apr 27
- The poetry open mic list is on a first-come, first-served basis on the Rooftop Rhythms Group Page. Please post interest there.
- Open to all ages. Traditional dress (i.e. khandora, abaya, hijab) are allowed.
“A great night of poetry filled with passion.” – BBC
“Infuses the old culture of poetry with some fresh energy…More raw…More free.” – CNN
One of the African continent’s most influential figures reimagines The Talking Heads' classic 1980 album, with electrifying rhythms, African guitars, and layered backing vocals.
This Academy Award-nominated film is Shakespearean in its scope and themes - revenge, loyalty, hope, and despair.
A new ensemble work choreographed by Aakash Odedra exploring the relevance of a life in conflict.