Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of answers to our most asked questions. For information on The Arts Center’s house policies, please see the full terms and conditions below.
If you have other questions or require additional assistance please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for ticketing, performance and membership enquiries.
Attending a performance at The Arts Center
In order to make sure your experience at The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi is a positive and memorable one, we would like to share some useful information with you:
- Please plan your journey and arrive as early as possible. Our Box Office tends to get busy 20 minutes before the performance start time, so please allow yourself enough time to collect your tickets.
- All of our performances are general seating.
- Late entry is subject to the performance and the Front of House Team hold the right to refuse entry to latecomers.
- Please avoid bringing large bags with you. The Arts Center does not offer a cloakroom service and for health and safety reasons large bags will not be permitted into the auditorium.
Your safety is paramount to us and your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Here at the Arts Center we are dedicated to treating everyone with dignity and respect. We value all of our guests and will not tolerate intimidating, aggressive or threatening behavior towards our staff, performers or members of the audience.
How do I get tickets to events at The Arts Center?
Tickets can be booked online here on our website. Ticket booking for our free performances will open approximately two to three weeks in advance. Ticket booking for our paid shows will go on sale at the start of each season. For paid shows there is a 10-ticket limit per person and for free shows there is a two-ticket limit per person. When tickets are “sold out” for free performances we distribute standby tickets for any available seats at the door before showtime, this is subject to the performance and is on a first come, first served basis. Because patrons often return extra tickets in advance of a performance, we also advise checking our here on our website for released tickets in the days before a given event.
When is the Box Office open?
The Box Office opens 1 hour prior to a performance start time. For more information on how to reach us, please visit our 'Contact Us' page.
Can children attend your performances?
Each of our performances offer audience advisories, please make sure to check this under the "Ticket Information" section on the event page. For child-friendly performances, all children 3 years and up must have a ticket. Children under the age of three will be required to sit on the laps of their parent or guardian during the performance. Baby strollers and car seats cannot be taken into the auditorium, however we do have plenty of space in our lobby where strollers can be left for the duration of the performance. The Arts Center does not take responsibility for any personal property.
Are there reserved seats?
Shows at The Arts Center are general admission, with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. Performances outdoors on the East Plaza will generally be standing events, though some courtesy seating may be available. If you have any special seating requirements please email us at email@example.com.
Response to COVID-19: The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi, with guidance from the UAE authorities, will be reviewing our current seating plans to ensure that they are aligned with the social distancing policies. We will update this page once we have more information.
What should I do if someone else has my ticket?
You will need to show your ticket before entering the theater. If you are waiting for someone who has your ticket, the best place to meet them is by the Box Office. In the case that you have a ticket for a companion who is running late, you are allowed to leave the ticket at The Box Office before the performance starts. Please note that late entry is subject to the performance.
What happens if I reserved tickets to a show and cannot attend?
If you have tickets and you or other members of your party can no longer attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the performance name, performance date, your confirmation number, and let us know how many tickets to release. This will allow us to admit other audience members who were unable to get tickets. Please note that The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi does not offer refunds or exchanges. Refunds and exchanges will only be available in the event of a performance being cancelled by The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi.
How can I tickets for Sold Out shows?
When tickets are "sold out", we do not operate a waiting list. However, for our free performances we will operate a standby line an hour before the performance on a first come first served basis and subject to ticket availability.
We will also aim to release any additional tickets/returns closer to the performance date as we manage our inventory. Please join our mailing list and follow our facebook, twitter for any announcements
What’s the best way to get information about events at The Arts Center?
Please join our mailing list and follow our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@NYUADartscenter) pages for the latest updates.
Can I purchase food and drinks at The Arts Center?
Food and drinks can be purchased from either The Arts Center Cafe located inside The Arts Center lobby or from the University dining hall located in The East Plaza. Please be advised that food and beverages cannot be taken into the theaters.
Do I need to be a student to attend events at The Arts Center?
Most events at The Arts Center are open to the public. We encourage everyone to come and get involved. Events for students will be clearly identified and will not be published to our website.
Are there other events open to the public at NYU Abu Dhabi?
The NYUAD Institute presents talks on a variety of subjects throughout the academic calendar. The NYUAD Art Gallery presents museum-quality exhibitions of art and culture across historical and contemporary topics, with a special emphasis on subjects of both regional concern and international significance. The Project Space, in The Arts Center, hosts short duration exhibitions from students, faculty, staff, and the regional arts community. Visit nyuad.nyu.edu/en/news-events.html for more information.
Can I submit my work for consideration to be presented at The Arts Center?
The Arts Center is not currently accepting unsolicited submissions, but please feel free to send an inquiry with a biography, press reviews, and links to work samples to email@example.com. Please do not include any attachments.
What happens if I lose a personal belonging at The Arts Center?
In the event that you believe you have misplaced something during your visit at The Arts Center, you can approach one of the front of house team for assistance. Alternatively, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name and contact number
- A description of the lost property
- The date and time of your visit
Someone from our customer service team will respond accordingly.
Full Terms & Conditions
Attendees must present a ticket for admission. Tickets are issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of The Arts Center.
Children 3 years and above require tickets to performances. Children 2 years and under will be required to sit on the lap of a parent or guardian during the performance. Seats are only available for ticket holders.
- Please note that each performance has audience advisories that can be found in the 'Ticket Information' section of the event page. The Arts Center at NYUAD has the right to refuse entry to audience members who do not adhere to the performance advisories.
- Our team are committed to treating all guests with dignity and respect. The Arts Center at NYUAD adopts a zero tolerance approach to anyone who interacts with our staff or with other members of the audience in an intimidating, disrespectful or aggressive manner.
Auditorium doors open 30 minutes prior to the performance start time. We recommend you arrive 40-60 minutes prior to the event to allow time for ticket collection.
Tickets to our free performances only guarantee admission until 10 minutes before show time. If you have not arrived at that time, we will begin to admit people from our standby line, and admission is subject to capacity.
Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the management, for some performances no late entry will be permitted. The Front of House team have the right to refuse entry.
Tickets may not be resold for commercial purposes or at a premium by anyone other than The Arts Center or one of their authorized sub-agents. If a ticket is sold in breach of this condition it will become void and the bearer of the ticket will be refused admission. We reserve the right to cancel tickets re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain and without prior notice.
Out of courtesy to performers and other attendees, patrons are kindly requested not to leave the auditorium until the end of the performance, or between pieces.
Please refrain from talking and texting during the performance.
No use of mobile phones for calls or text messaging in the auditorium. Please turn off all phones prior to entering the theater.
No unauthorized photography or video in the auditorium. The Arts Center reserves the right to confiscate devices used to take photo/video of the performances.
No outside food or drinks are permitted inside the venue. Food and drink purchased inside the venue may not be brought into the auditorium.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the NYU Abu Dhabi Campus.
The Arts Center and NYU Abu Dhabi accept no responsibility for any personal property.
By attending, you consent to the recording, photographing and filming of yourself as a member of the audience by The Arts Center and NYU Abu Dhabi and its designated representatives, including press, and grants permission for the use of such photos and videos.
Your ticket constitutes a revocable license and the management reserves the right to refuse admission or revoke this ticket at any time, for any reason.
- Programs may change without prior notice.
- Customers using the website who are Minor /under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
- We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED.
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- When you place orders, we use a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- The Pricing of the Tickets may vary from Event to Event. Please refer to each individual event for more information.
- No Refunds/No Exchanges - We do not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances. Once a transaction has been completed, the sale is final. Refunds and exchanges are only permitted in the event of a show cancelling or rescheduling.