A Science-Art Exhibition including artist Gallery Talks throughout the festival weekend.
Hybrid Futures, like all sci-art, is a hybrid proposition, a cross-pollination of aesthetics and information, the visual and the intellectual. The works of 5 international artists working in film, virtual reality, and illustration will take this concept further, exploring cutting-edge zones of sci-art catalysis to better assess the present and future state of the human and natural worlds.
Held in partnership with the Imagine Science Film Festival Abu Dhabi, The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi, and the NYUAD Art Gallery.
The Gallery Talks:
Friday, Mar 9
- 1 PM: Biologist Sally Warring
- 4 PM: Artist and Filmmaker Zahra Al-Mahdi
- 6:30 PM: Filmmaker Noah Hutton
Saturday March 10
- 1 PM: Filmmaker Giulia Grossmann and Composer Cosmic Neman
- 4 PM: VR Directors Milica Zec and Winslow Porter