The Middle East’s longest-running poetry open mic night
Experience culturally-diverse voices with both leading and up-and-coming musicians and poets presenting their own original material.
“Abu Dhabi is home to a rapidly expanding group of poets who strive to find common ground as they cast aside geographical differences and language barriers… who believe in sharing poetry for love, healing, enlightenment and education…” – Khaleej Times
The Season 7 Lineup and Dates:
- Season Opening / Open Mic Night – Friday, Sep 28
- 5th Annual Rhyme-O-Ween / Slam Competition and Open Mic Night – Friday, Oct 26
- Open Mic Night – Friday, Nov 16
- Slam Competition and Open Mic Night – Friday, Dec 14
- Open Mic Night – Friday, Jan 25
- Slam Competition and Open Mic Night – Friday, Feb 22
- 7th Anniversary Show / Open Mic Night – Friday, Mar 29
- Grand Slam Finale Competition / Season Closing – Friday, Apr 19
Rooftop Rhythms and The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi are committed to providing a platform for locally based artists to share their original creative work in front of a supportive community. In an effort to foster local talent, we ask that all musicians play or sing original material. This event is hosted by founder Dorian Paul Rogers and features the smooth sounds of DJ A.L.L.A.D
“A great night of poetry filled with passion…” – BBC
Tickets to Rooftop Rhythms are free of charge but online reservation is required.
Click Get Tickets above to book yours.
Presented with official support from US Embassy Abu Dhabi and The Arts Center.
The poetry open mic list is on a first-come, first-served basis on the Rooftop Rhythms Group Page on Facebook.
An evening of chamber music with leading UAE based virtuosos. With pieces from Poulenc, Brahms and Stravinsky.
A chreomusical work exploring the relationship between bodily movement in dance and its inherent musicality
A chaâbi flamenco of dazzling musicality and feeling under the masterful fingers of two exceptional Mediterranean artists.