Based on Sheikh Zayed’s vision for a green desert, a new work featuring two opera singers and eighty school children.
Explore the late Sheikh Zayed’s vision of a green desert, in an opera that embraces music, drama, movement, design and film.
Following the success of A Beautiful World in late 2016, Cranleigh Abu Dhabi school presents its second opera project. Acclaimed director Karen Gillingham returns with her world renowned creative team for Water in the Desert: A Zayed Legacy in celebration of the Year of Zayed.
See the previous opera, A Beautiful World, presented in 2016
- Karen Gillingham (Director/Artistic Director ) www.karengillingham.com
- Hannah Conway (Composer/Music Director) www.hannahconway.co.uk
- Natasha Khamjani (Choreographer) www.natashakhamjani.com
- Rhiannon Newman-Brown (Designer) www.rhiannonnewmanbrown.com
- Peter Cant (Librettist) https://goo.gl/92rPhV
- Robert Gildon (Baritone) www.robertgildon.com
- Nazan Fikret (Soprano) www.nazanfikret.com
- Magali Charrier (Designer Videographer) www.magalicharrier.com
- Susan Hamilton (Producer) www.performability.co.uk
This is a past event
Presented in partnership with Cranleigh Abu Dhabi and the Ministry of Tolerance UAE
Members of the bands playing at Barzakh Festival share approaches to preserving their traditions while honoring heritage and creating space for innovation in an ever changing world.
Ecstatic Italian pizzica tarantata meets propulsive Algerian Saharan rhythms in an exciting cross-boundary musical conversation.
Korean shamanic folk-pop meets guitar-fueled Somaliland songs in an exciting showcase of cultural traditions.