Based on Sheikh Zayed’s vision for a green desert, a new work featuring two opera singers and eighty school children.
Explore the late Sheikh Zayed’s vision of a green desert, in an opera that embraces music, drama, movement, design and film.
Following the success of A Beautiful World in late 2016, Cranleigh Abu Dhabi school presents its second opera project. Acclaimed director Karen Gillingham returns with her world renowned creative team for Water in the Desert: A Zayed Legacy in celebration of the Year of Zayed.
See the previous opera, A Beautiful World, presented in 2016
- Karen Gillingham (Director/Artistic Director ) www.karengillingham.com
- Hannah Conway (Composer/Music Director) www.hannahconway.co.uk
- Natasha Khamjani (Choreographer) www.natashakhamjani.com
- Rhiannon Newman-Brown (Designer) www.rhiannonnewmanbrown.com
- Peter Cant (Librettist) https://goo.gl/92rPhV
- Robert Gildon (Baritone) www.robertgildon.com
- Nazan Fikret (Soprano) www.nazanfikret.com
- Magali Charrier (Designer Videographer) www.magalicharrier.com
- Susan Hamilton (Producer) www.performability.co.uk
This is a past event
Presented in partnership with Cranleigh Abu Dhabi and the Ministry of Tolerance UAE
The Middle East’s longest-running poetry open mic night
A cycle of choreographic portraits based on McGregor’s genomic sequence, illuminated through dance + live electronic music by JLin
Relive the Palladium era of classic mambo with a Valentines dance starring four-time Grammy-award winner Arturo O’Farrill & the Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra.