Based on Sheikh Zayed’s vision for a green desert, a new work featuring two opera singers and eighty school children.
Explore the late Sheikh Zayed’s vision of a green desert, in an opera that embraces music, drama, movement, design and film.
Following the success of A Beautiful World in late 2016, Cranleigh Abu Dhabi school presents its second opera project. Acclaimed director Karen Gillingham returns with her world renowned creative team for Water in the Desert: A Zayed Legacy in celebration of the Year of Zayed.
See the previous opera, A Beautiful World, presented in 2016
- Karen Gillingham (Director/Artistic Director ) www.karengillingham.com
- Hannah Conway (Composer/Music Director) www.hannahconway.co.uk
- Natasha Khamjani (Choreographer) www.natashakhamjani.com
- Rhiannon Newman-Brown (Designer) www.rhiannonnewmanbrown.com
- Peter Cant (Librettist) https://goo.gl/92rPhV
- Robert Gildon (Baritone) www.robertgildon.com
- Nazan Fikret (Soprano) www.nazanfikret.com
- Magali Charrier (Designer Videographer) www.magalicharrier.com
- Susan Hamilton (Producer) www.performability.co.uk
Tickets to for this performance are free of charge but online reservation is required.
Tickets are now Available.
Presented in partnership with Cranleigh Abu Dhabi and the Ministry of Tolerance UAE
The Middle East’s longest-running poetry open mic night
A cycle of choreographic portraits based on McGregor’s genomic sequence, illuminated through dance + live electronic music by JLin
Relive the Palladium era of classic mambo with a Valentines dance starring four-time Grammy-award winner Arturo O’Farrill & the Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra.