Spoken word done right
The Middle East’s longest-running open mic night showcases leading and up-and-coming spoken word artists, poets, and musicians presenting original material. Experience culturally-diverse voices with a lineup that features open mic nights and poetry slams, hosted by founder Dorian Paul Rogers and featuring the smooth sounds of DJ A.L.L.A.D.
“…The go-to open mic night for poets in Abu Dhabi” – Abu Dhabi World
The Season 8 Lineup and Dates:
- Season Opening / Open Mic Night – Friday, Sep 27
- 5th Annual Rhyme-O-Ween / Slam Competition and Open Mic Night – Friday, Oct 25
- Open Mic Night – Friday, Nov 22
- Slam Competition and Open Mic Night – Friday, Dec 13
- Open Mic Night – Friday, Jan 24
- Slam Competition and Open Mic Night – Friday, Feb 28
- 8th Anniversary Show / Open Mic Night – Friday, Mar 27
- Open Mic Night – Friday, Apr 17
- Grand Slam Finale Competition / Season Closing – Friday, May 29
“A great night of poetry filled with passion…” – BBC
Co-presented with Rooftop Rhythms with official support of US Embassy Abu Dhabi.
Rooftop Rhythms and The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi are committed to providing a platform for locally based artists to share their original creative work in front of a supportive community. In an effort to foster local talent, we ask that all poets and musicians perform original material.
- Registration for the open mic list is on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up on the Rooftop Rhythms Group Page on Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/rooftoprhythms
Tickets to this performance are free of charge but online reservation is required.
A fresh and rich program of contemporary classical music recitals by faculty from NYU Abu Dhabi’s Music Program.
One of Bertolt Brecht's most famous epic plays in a new production by NYU Abu Dhabi’s Theater program.
In one of the poorest neighborhoods of Cairo, the community is the only way for hope.