Spoken word done right
If you missed the last Rooftop Rhythms – Virtual Poetry Open Mic Night from the 17th of April below is the archive recording.
The Middle East’s longest-running open mic night continues online with Facebook Live. See leading and up-and-coming spoken word artists, poets, and musicians presenting original material. Experience culturally-diverse voices with a lineup that features open mic nights and poetry slams, hosted by founder Dorian Paul Rogers and featuring the smooth sounds of DJ A.L.L.A.D.
“…The go-to open mic night for poets in Abu Dhabi” – Abu Dhabi World
The Season 8 Lineup and Dates:
- Grand Slam Finale Competition / Season Closing – Friday, May 29
“A great night of poetry filled with passion…” – BBC
Co-presented with Rooftop Rhythms with official support of US Embassy Abu Dhabi.
Rooftop Rhythms and The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi are committed to providing a platform for locally based artists to share their original creative work in front of a supportive community. In an effort to foster local talent, we ask that all poets and musicians perform original material.
- Registration for the open mic list is on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up on the Rooftop Rhythms Group Page on Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/rooftoprhythms
Bridge the distance, join the performers online.
- Rooftop Rhythms will be going ahead via Facebook Live. The performers will be in different locations and will be streamed into the live feed.
- Visit the event page on Facebook here and hit Going to be notified when the stream starts.
- See you online, Friday, May 29 @ 8pm
Revisit Camille A. Brown’s ink: a celebration of African American social dance.
Relive the Circus: Heart-stopping acrobatics, juggling, clowning, and contortion to live music.
Revisit a multimedia concert by visionary guitarist and composer Kaki King in DATA NOT FOUND, a gripping meditation on the data we live with, and the data we leave behind.