Spoken word done right
The Middle East’s longest-running open mic night goes virtual. Join leading and up-and-coming spoken word artists, poets, and musicians presenting original material. Experience culturally-diverse voices with a lineup that features open mic nights and poetry slams. Rooftop Rhythms is hosted by founder Dorian Paul Rogers and features the smooth sounds of DJ A.L.L.A.D.
“…The go-to open mic night for poets in Abu Dhabi” – Abu Dhabi World
Season 9 / 2020 Lineup and Dates:
- Virtual Slam Competition and Open Mic Night – Friday, Oct 23
- Virtual Open Mic Night – Friday, Nov 20
- Virtual Slam Competition and Open Mic Night – Friday, Dec 11
- Virtual Open Mic Night – Friday, Jan 22
- Virtual Slam Competition and Open Mic Night – Friday, Feb 26
- Virtual 9th Anniversary Show / Open Mic Night – Friday, Mar 26
- Virtual Open Mic Night – Friday, Apr 30
- Virtual Grand Slam Finale Competition / Season Closing – Friday, May 28
“A great night of poetry filled with passion…” – BBC
Co-presented with Rooftop Rhythms with official support of US Embassy Abu Dhabi.
Rooftop Rhythms and The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi are committed to providing a platform for locally based artists to share their original creative work in front of a supportive community. In an effort to foster local talent, we ask that all poets and musicians perform original material.
- Registration for the open mic list is on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up on the Rooftop Rhythms Group Page on Facebook .
This event will be taking place on Facebook. Head over to the Facebook event and hit Going to RSVP. We will see you on Friday 25th September for another exciting season of Rooftop Rhythms.
For enquiries please email email@example.com
Presented with official support from US Embassy Abu Dhabi.
The New Colossus of the Keys, a piano recital presented by Ioannis Potamousis.
A collection of shorts set in a series of unique, unconventional settings.
Sofia, 20, lives with her parents in Casablanca. Following a denial of pregnancy, she finds herself illegally giving birth to a baby out of wedlock.