Contemporary Arab Cinema - Screening & Q&A
Three Palestinian Short films
Presented by Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi and the NYUAD Film and New Media ProgramPast Event
Three Short Films by Palestinian Filmmakers
Screening of three short films, each centering on the theme of being stuck. Followed by a Q&A with Palestinian directors: Tarzan and Arab Nasser, Wisam Al Jafari, and Mahdi Fleifel.
The program includes:
1. Condom Lead by Tarzan and Arab Nasser (14 mins)
- Premiered at Cannes Film Festival 2013
- A story about tension between a married couple on the edge of time’s knife and in the crosshairs of war’s guns; a dream of the hope for intimacy and love in a brutal, divisive world.
2. Ambience by Wisam Al Jafari (15 mins)
- Premiered at Cannes Film Festival 2019
- Two young Palestinians try to record a demo for a music competition inside a noisy, crowded refugee camp. While failing to record because of the chaos of the place, they discover an authentic way to meet the deadline creatively.
3. 3 Logical Exits by Mahdi Fleifel (15 mins)
- Premiered at Rotterdam International Film Festival 2020
- A sociological meditation on the different exits that young Palestinians choose in order to cope with life in the refugee camps.
This is a past event
Presented by the NYUAD Film and New Media Program in partnership with Paris-Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi and The Arts Center.